Thursday, November 21, 2013

R: I Will Read


KK-

Tuesday was my birthday. 

Big D asked me what I was going to do on my birthday.  I told him I wanted to go to the beach.  And so I didn't schedule anything on my birthday.  No school, no babysitting co-op, no visiting teaching, no appointments, no play dates, nothing.

On my birthday, the weather was terrible.  Cold, heavy rain, wind... just plain yucky.  I didn't really have a backup plan for my birthday.  

I decided I should do something with my boys, that I like to do with them.  

I took them to the library.  We spent a lot of time looking at books, checking out books, playing with activities they had there.  The boys were well behaved and we had a great time.

When we got home we read, and read, and read.  I love to read books to my boys.  


Finally, the three of them gave me their present.  They all fell asleep at the same time for 45 minutes.  I could not believe it.  I curled up with some hot chocolate in my bed and enjoyed a peaceful, quiet house.  It was absolutely lovely.

I am grateful that our Cutler family motto included the phrase: "I will read."  I do enjoy reading myself, but right now I enjoy reading to my boys even more.  I am thankful for their grandparents who all have passed down a love of reading.

And now someday we can go back and read this post about what a lovely birthday I had in 2013.

-Miss T 




No comments:

Post a Comment