Monday, December 19, 2011

Special Sisters Series: A Christmas Wish

*Written by Tracey Christensen


This is our daughter.  In this image she's receiving physical therapy for her cerebral palsy.

When I see this photo, I'm overcome with sadness for her pain - both physical and emotional.  And I'm overcome with love and pride because of her determined and brave spirit.

The man who took this picture has dedicated hundreds of hours to telling the story of these little fighters with special needs.  It means a lot to me, because he didn't have to do it.  And he didn't have to love the kids.  But he did.

Mike Ririe is trying to publish a beautiful 120 page book with images of 18 children and submissions from several parents.  I believe it will be an inspiration to many, and will also provide opportunities for Now I Can to help even more children.  I want people to have the same opportunity to feel what I do when I see these images.

If you will visit www.nowican.org and click the link on the home page, you can see more kids' images, and learn how you can pledge just $1 or more on Kickstarter, to make this book happen.

Mike only has until December 31, 2011 to raise the funds needed to make this happen.  I am hopeful that 'what goes around will come around' - and that his good works will be rewarded with much support.  Thank you for any help you can give.

I know there are so many worthy demands for your resources and I think you in advance for your consideration, and also for passing this on to your contacts.  If many of us give a little, the $12,000 goal can be reached and this "Now I Can" book will become a reality! Merry Christmas!

Click here to help with our Kickstarter project by December 31st!  
Watch a short video to learn more… or just pledge $1 or more.




No comments:

Post a Comment