Monday, May 28, 2012

Short Story 1: Poof Putty

Dear Miss T,

Here is Short Story 1 of your absence.

Present Number 1 on the first day of our "parenting practice" was a huge hit.  It was called "Noise Putty" but had a sneakily suspicious resemblance to the Nickelodeon toy of my childhood called GAK.




Anyone else remember this awesome stuff? Not only is it slimy but not sticky, stretchy but breakable, and solid but melty, but also its most dynamic characteristic is that it makes "Poof" noises. Don't be ashamed. Just giggle a little, because I know you know what I'm talking about. We played with it instantly that day.  And the next day.  And the day after that.  And can you see the pattern? It was a daily hit, and I love it all the more today than I did when I was a kid, because I now know that it can keep children entertained for many many precious minutes.

Love, Kk

1 comment: