Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Neediness

 Dear Miss T,

Lately I feel needy inside. Do you know what that feels like? Tonight I was trying to figure out why I feel needy (though I am hoping I am not behaving too needy-ly), and I wasn't really getting anywhere just thinking about it.

So I ended up clicking through some recent pictures and I found this one:


This picture was taken near Southern Idaho at a ranch up in the mountains. Our friends have a small cabin up there. Limited if any running water, limited electricity. Small one room cabin with a loft. Beautiful hills and grass all around. We woke up early the morning we were there and I spent the morning outside with my girls. When I look at the picture and think on the simplicity of a life that used to rely on crops and animals in that area, then I get a new perspective of needs. What does a girl really need? Her girls (or boys in your case).And a quiet mountain top. And someone to snap a great picture of the moment. ;)

Anyway, I hope to keep a fresh perspective on my needs. My actual needs. I do not need to know the future right now, though I really really want to. I do not need ice cream before going to bed each night (though maybe my body is trained to think that now? Uh oh). I do not need to be thanked for all the laundry, meals, and care I try to give, but it's nice when that happens. :) I do need you. So thank you for being there for me.

Good night,
KK

PS:


(This was Paul's idea of "fun" which scared me near to death. But he "needed" to take her on the four wheeler...haha to be a fun Dad I guess.)

Love, Kk

No comments:

Post a Comment