Sunday, April 8, 2012

Alone on Easter.


Hi Miss T,

Someone brought in three lovely vases (huge ones) of spring tulips for the pulpit at church today. It was truly beautiful. Orange, Pink, and Yellow tulips. What a lovely way to share some Easter joy. However, as you know, I am missing Mr. P this Easter weekend. He is in Boise without me. This means that I am getting only a little taste of your life without a husband during the week.

I have no right to complain, so I won't. But today is Easter, and wouldn't you agree that no one wants to be alone on Easter?

As I thought a little more about being alone on Easter (initially because I was a little sad that I was alone and couldn't even get any neighbor to come over for dinner), I realized however that someone far greater was alone on Easter long before I ever was.

Easter is a joyous celebration of Jesus Christ's resurrection; but before that triumphal rise, he had a very lonely night in the garden of Gethsemane. I am so grateful he was willing to be alone for those Easter moments, so now I can enjoy the beautiful spring Easter mornings and celebrate new birth and everlasting life.

Happy Easter!
Love KK

2 comments:

  1. Oh Kallene, I am sorry that I left you alone. But I am happy that it led you to write such a wonderful blog post. By the way, this is my first comment on your sisters blog. Are you happy!?

    ReplyDelete