Friday, July 12, 2013

Cousins Meet the Baby

Hi KK,

While we were in Utah, Little Grizzly met his cousins in the Pickett family for the first time.  All 13 of them.  It was quite overwhelming for him at times, but he tossed out some happy smiles for them all. 


We played hard with the Picketts and tried to take a lot of pictures of all of the cousins together.




As I went through these pictures, I reflected about the first time I met most of my nieces and nephews.  It was in January 2005.  Big D took me on a date to babysit his nieces and nephews and for his family to meet me at the same time.  At that time there were 10 of them.  The oldest was 10 years old and the youngest was 4 months old.  We played games with them, listened to their jokes, and watch a movie together.  It was a great date, and Big D did a great job of showing off his future daddy skills.


Now I have young children that are the age of my nephews and nieces when I first met them. I just kept thinking how fast they grow up!  My kids will be big teenagers like them before I know it.  That part saddens me, but I also hope my kids will be as kind and fun as their cousins are.   All of them were so sweet to my boys.  My boys loved being with their cousins.

It is too bad it doesn't happen more often.  I offered for them to all move to Oregon!

-Miss T

1 comment:

  1. Holy cow yes there are a bunch of them! Looks so fun! :) I like the variety of pictures. How was the invitation to move to Oregon received? Pretty well I bet...haha.

    ReplyDelete