Sunday, March 13, 2011

An Escape at the Zoo

KK -


The other day we went to the zoo.  As we were getting ready, T Bear asked me, "Mommy, are there dragons at the zoo?"  He was reaching in his closet for his dragon costume.  Mind you, he had been wearing this costume all day for the last 4 days.


I told him that there were not any dragons at the zoo, just animals.   T Bear said "Ok, I will wear my giraffe costume then."


And so we went to the zoo with T Bear dressed as a giraffe.


T Bear the giraffe, with friend Claire pushing her doll stroller - what a sight!
I wish I could have captured the passerby's reactions.  People seemed to be more tickled about seeing T Bear in a giraffe costume than seeing the real animals.  There were so many comments about how a little giraffe had escaped from his cage.  What was even more entertaining to me is that T Bear was oblivious to the fact that people were staring at him and talking about him.  He was more concern that his friends were coming along and making sure he saw the animals.


We did pop over to the giraffe barn to compare outfits: T Bear was cuter, but they were taller and their tongues were definitely purple.


Don't you wish you could wear an animal costume to the zoo and not care?  So fun.


-Miss T

2 comments:

  1. oh my, this is too cute! i love this. hooray for kids who don't care at all about what others think of them!

    ReplyDelete