Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Better Than Mine


KK-


I know that you LOVE your birthday.  You know that I LOVE my birthday.


It was hard to realized, and sad to admit, that since having kids, my birthdays are not so amazing or exciting.  On my last birthday, I tried not to be disappointed, but I was.  The magic of my own birthday was lost because I was busy taking care of kids, our home and a husband.


Luckily, I found the magic of birthdays again in T Bear's birthday.  For the last month, all I was thinking about was his birthday.  I have been planning every detail and envisioning every minute of it.  My excitement for his birthday was almost greater than T Bear's.


The preparations for T Bear's birthday were like Christmas Eve all over again.  We decorated the house, baked cupcakes, wrapped presents, hung pictures, and blew up 170 balloons (thanks for the help Miga).  I was giddy when we went to bed.


At precisely 6:45am on April 11th, T Bear ran into our room and exclaimed, "It's my birthday! I'm 3!"  We pulled him into bed with hugs, kisses and congratulations on turning 3.  T Bear then said, "I like being 3!"


We had a wonderful birthday with him.  It was so much fun for all of us.  I think I am going to really enjoy my children's birthdays.  Hopefully, I will have so much fun on their birthdays, that when mine rolls around, it won't be such a big deal.


And in all reality, it is such a privilege to celebrate the day when T Bear entered our lives.  I am so thankful and so happy to be his mother.


love
-Birthday Mama Miss T

No comments:

Post a Comment