Thursday, September 22, 2011

Simplicity


Recently I started reading Daughters in My Kingdom, a new church book.  There was a quote from Sister Belle S. Spafford, the ninth Relief Society general president that touched my soul.

"The average woman today, I believe, would do well to appraise her interests, evaluate the activities in which she is engaged, and then take steps to simplify her life, putting things of first importance first, placing emphasis where the rewards will be greatest and most enduring, and ridding herself of the less rewarding activities."

I felt in my heart that right now being a mother to my young children is the most important thing in my life.  There are times that I wish I could be dancing professionally, or be pursuing a career or many other things.  But raising these two boys is such a special experience, that all those other desires will just have to wait.  My boys are going to grow up to fast.

I have also finished reading a book recommended by a wonderful friend, Simplicity Parenting.  The book has inspired me to simplify my life and preserve childhood for my boys.  I don't want them to grow up to too fast.  I want to choose to keep life simple and beautiful.

-Miss T

2 comments:

  1. I love the simple things in life.

    I have also been wanting to read this book. Did your ward RS leaders give you a copy or did you order it?

    Hope all is well ... I miss visiting with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been reading that book too! It's wonderful.

    ReplyDelete