Sunday, August 15, 2010

Am I really old-fashioned?

Youthful KK -


Am I really old-fashioned?


Last Saturday I went into a maternity clothing store to get a dress for Jose's wedding. I asked the very young looking sales girl if they had any nylons. She looked at me slightly confused and said, "Umm.. we have tights."


I said "Ok, Do you have nylons?"


She said, "We have tights, I guess I don't know what nylons are."


I tried to not look at her like she was an idiot and said "Well tights are thicker than nylons and I am looking for nude nylons."


She said "Ok," and led me over to a different part of the store. She then showed me all of the tights and leggings they had for sale. I looked carefully to see if there were any nylons there, but there were not. So I told her again, "These are tights which are thicker than nylons, and leggings are thicker than tights, so it looks like you do NOT have any nylons for sale."


"I guess not," she said and walked back to the counter.


It didn't bother me so much that they did not have nylons. I really was astounded that this young girl did not even know what nylons are!!! Am I really old-fashioned?


-Your aging-quickly Miss T

3 comments:

  1. Bahahaaa! What is the world coming to? That is just pathetic...but really really funny. I appreciate nude nylons. They hide pasty hairy legs, and prevent blisters, and add formality to your attire. No, I would never wish to wear them daily, but I do appreciate their value!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome! I wish I didn't know what nylons are - they suck. You shouldn't wear them anyway! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't tell you how happy I am that you started this blog. It's insightful, funny, sweet, sassy, and just what I need to read after a long day of hearing two boys whine. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete