Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Musing on Love Part II

Aloha Miss-in-love-for-the-long-haul-T,

I began with Aloha, because do you remember how I lived in Hawaii and I miss that warm place? Also do you remember that Aloha means hello, and goodbye, and LOVE? Awesome. Well Aloha is entirely appropriate for this second musing on love.

We got our new sister. Isn't she lovely?



Because I caught the bouquet at the wedding (Good aim B! No worries that I had to do a swooping knee dive to catch, the dramatic suspense was totally worth it!), I was doubly inspired to think some more about love. Not only could I tell that this couple, my twin and his new bride, are in love, but that many of the other couples in attendance were in love as well. What do you think?

Miss T in love...with Big D and T-bear

Miga and Papa, true love's kiss.

Cam-man in love with water...and his two loving parents still also very much in love.

Might I say working on the "ing" of falling in love? Maybe, maybe not, but they are picturesque at looking the part.



Love is real and love is good. Romantic love leads people to make promises, as in marriage, and to live up to and beyond their potential for goodness because two people in love help each other do it. I was so inspired by all of this love, that when I happened upon the "Life's Little Treasure Book On Marriage and Family," instead of instantly tossing the tiny book aside I opened it up. Here are some of the delightful things I found:


"Choose your life's mate carefully. From this one decision will come ninety percent of all your happiness or misery."

"A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person." -Mignon McLaughlin

"If you've had a hard day at the office, save the complaining until after dinner."

"Grow old along with me, The best is yet to be." -Robert Browning

"An archeologist is the best husband any woman could have. The older she gets, the more interested he is in her." -Agatha Christie

"Send your loved ones flowers. Think of a reason later."

"Judge your success by the happiness of your wife and the respect given to you by your children."

"All good marriages have this in common: courtesy."

"Marriage resembles a pair of shears - so joined that they cannot be separated, often moving in opposite directions, yet always punishing anyone who comes between them." -Sydney Smith

"When you know that someone has gone to a lot of trouble to get dressed up, tell them they look terrific!"

"Remember the observation of William James that the deepest principle in human nature is the craving to be appreciated."

"Marriage is an empty box. It remains empty unless you put in more than you take out."

"I would like to have engraved inside every wedding band, 'Be kind to one another.' This is the golden rule of marriage and the secret of making love last through the years." -Rudolph Ray

"A good husband should be deaf, and a good wife should be blind!" Hahah.

Do you agree with any of these timeless adages or pieces of advice? I sure do, and I love that. Love is a wonderful thing. Thank you B for inspiring me to think and muse and ponder about all of this. Have you told someone that you love them today? Go on. Do it. It is worth it.

Love, Love, Love, Searching-for-love-very-slowly-KK

1 comment:

  1. Oh Weddings! It was fabulous. I really do agree with all that advice and my 4 year marriage definitely gives me some credibility!!! And I fell in love with Big D again at the wedding even though his suit pants were short enough for a massive flood! He was HOT!!!

    ReplyDelete