Tuesday, August 17, 2010

I AM LOSING MY MIND!


I will leave the thought provoking and witty blogs to KK because I AM LOSING MY MIND!


Example #1
In the spirit of generosity, I decided to purchase some school supplies to donate to Deseret Industries during their "Back to School" drive.  With a flier from the Sunday newspaper in hand, I dragged T Bear into Office Depot promising him a thrilling experience.  We started filling our cart with paper, glue, scissors, crayons and more.  I was having a hard time finding the advertised 20-cent bag of pens and pencils and some of the other promotional items.  I went to the front desk to ask for help.


The lady looked at me with a slightly irritated face and said, "This if Office Depot, you have Office's Max's advertisement."  Then she handed me their flier and turned away.  


Wow!  I felt dumb, but to top it off, when I went to check out, I realized I did not have my purse on me.  I had to run to the car and borrow KK's wallet to pay for my Office Depot school supplies.  I don't even want to think about what those employees were saying after I left the store.


Example #2
Receiving my Costco coupons in the mail is one of my highlights during the month.  After reviewing the most recent coupon book, we decided to hit up Costco yesterday.  I was extremely over due for an eye exam, so I gave KK the coupon book with instructions to load up on the most important coupon items.  When my eye exam finished, I met KK and T Bear at the front of the store to check out.  I handed the cashier my coupons and with a stone cold face she said,"Coupons don't start until Thursday."


What! We only had coupon items (and a lot of them)!  We had to ask her to put all our items away and we walked out of Costco empty handed.  It was terribly embarrassing.  


I AM LOSING MY MIND!  To make myself feel better, I will blame it on pregnancy and try to avoid unnecessary retail shopping trips.  


-Miss T

No comments:

Post a Comment