Thursday, August 12, 2010

A Must Do Date!



Dating-Girl KK,


You have to get a boyfriend and come back to Seattle.  We went on an incredible date, that everyone must do.


Down on the Pier you can rent scooters for the day for relatively cheap.  We rented a scooter and hopped on a ferry over to Bainbridge Island.  Once off the ferry we pulled over in the heart of Winslow, a charming town.  We asked a local guy where we should eat and what we should see on the island.  After some recommendations and some sketchy directions, we took off.  


We ate lunch at the Public House Bar & Grill.  I am salivating just thinking about the lunch again.  Big D had the best fish & chips on the island, while I enjoyed a grilled salmon sandwich & chips.  We sat outside on the deck overlooking the harbor and boats.  


Then we tried to remember and follow the local's directions to Bay Hay & Feed to find some "popular" sweatshirts.  We took a very scenic route, but we found the place.  Inside this small shop, we found sweatshirts, that I could not believe were popular, they were so dull.  I did find an adorable brown hoodie with tractors on in for T Bear.


Then is was time to scoot around the island.  We drove up and down the beautiful roads of Bainbridge.  The wind blowing through my hair and Big D driving with my arms wrapped around him made it so romantic and fun.  We drove along the water and dreamed of the day we would own a big beach house on the island.  


That day may never come, but I am always up for a repeat date.  Especially since we ended the date with ice cream from Mora's.  Beyond delicious!!!!  


This is a fall-in-love date or a fall-in-love-all-over-again date!


With love,


-Still married and dating, Miss T

2 comments:

  1. OK!! I will work on this immediately. And by immediately I mean not yet, but very soon. I do want to do that date with you and Big D!! (oh...and I guess a boyfriend too)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Next time invite us! That would be so much fun riding scooters around!

    ReplyDelete