Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Christmas Sweaters.

Dear Miss T,

Wow. I feel like I've been gone. In the hub-bub of the end-of-semester flurries and the rush of holidays I slipped into the casual viewer of sisters blog, catching a read most every day, but sometimes playing catch up for a day or two, and loving every post you made. So, I feel like I want to tell you a bit of what I've been doing while I've been away, and it has to do with something of the season.

Ever heard of Ugly Christmas Sweater parties? It's the fad of work parties I guess. CMS of BYU OIT put on an Ugly Christmas Sweater contest for our Christmas work party, and you are now related to the winner of that contest! That's right, I borrowed a killer sweater from my neighbor (who brought down a whole array of ugly sweater options when I went to ask if I could borrow one), and wore it with such Christmas spirit and energy that it could hardly be contained. The first thing my boss said when she saw me was "Wow! That's a cute sweater!" And I think she really meant it. So...it's not that my sweater was truly ugly, though some may deem it that, but it certainly carried on the legacy of puffy paint, iron-on, Santa and reindeer, and Christmas trees, and snowflakes, and shining star Christmas sweaters of the past.

These days I don't really have a special "Christmas" sweater, but I do love to wear sweaters at Christmas time. A turtle neck sweater, or a wrap sweater. A fuzzy sweater or a striped sweater. I love them all. And I do love to think about what I will wear Christmas Eve night, just because I want to look kind of special in honor of the Christmas celebration. Part of that looking special includes a certain big sister doing my hair. Do you think that certain big sister would be up for that again this year? I hope so!

Let me know if you find any adorable sweaters for little T-bear and Baby Cub to wear. Oh that will just be beyond adorable, I'm sure.

Love, Auntie Kk

3 comments:

  1. You guys are the cutest sisters, what a fun blog! Kallene, you are totally rockin' that sweater!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, I have been thinking about what I am going to wear then too. It will definitely be a sweater, but not an ugly one. You did rock the puffy paint sweater though - love it!

    ReplyDelete