Monday, January 23, 2012

Making Myself Feel Better


KK-


As you know, it was a pretty rough week for me last week.  It was Thursday night and at 7:02 pm, I plopped myself onto my bed and vowed not to move ever again.  I had just put the boys to bed even though they were not tired.  I didn't care, I was done doing the mother-job.  They would just have to talk and play by themselves until they fell asleep.


I was ready to have a pity party for myself that was going to last as long as possible - maybe a few hours or days.  The prayer in my heart was "Heavenly Father, I can't do this any more.  I just can't."  After a good cry and some venting to Big D,  my prayer started being answered and I started feeling better.  Here are the things that worked:


1. A dear friend sent me this article about Motherhood - (you must read it if you are a mother, especially with young children right now).
2.  After reading the article, I decided to write a quick note to my boys telling them that all though we had some rough days, I still loved them and all the amazing things they were learning and doing.  
3. Drank some hot chocolate
4. The next morning I exercised.  We had a great Stroller Strides class despite the weather.  (Stroller strides deal here).
5. I showered and put on make up -that always helps for awhile.
6. Big D came home, held me tight and then let me have some time to myself.
7. Hosted a baby shower where I got some good "girl chat" in.
8. Attended church
9. Drank more hot chocolate
10. Kissed my boys and let them kiss me.


By the end of the weekend, I was ready to have another go at the mothering thing.  Today has been lovely.  There are many times that I wished you lived closer to me, but God takes care of us through other people and in other ways.  I know I could have felt sorry for myself all weekend long.  Instead, I am trying to focus on all the good in my life and beauty on this earth.  I still don't think peeing all over a bathroom is beauty (that is for T Bear), but my precious little boys and "big boy" are beyond beautiful.


love,
-Miss T

1 comment: