Monday, January 24, 2011

Gift Giving

Hi KK,


Let's be honest.  We are surrounded by very thoughtful, sweet men in our lives.  Our Dad and brothers are very thoughtful in their gifts and actions.  And of course Big D is just like them. 


Being married to someone so thoughtful is wonderful.  He surprises me with great gifts and sweet notes.  I love getting a short and sweet email, telling me how much he loves me and hopes I have a great day. 


The only problem with being married to this kind of person is that I am not as sweet and thoughtful, especially when it comes to gift giving.


I have yet to buy Big D a creative or thoughtful or wonderful gift by complete surprise.  Let me be clear that this is not all my fault.  Big D happens to be VERY picky about EVERYTHING and that can be difficult.  Unless I am going to buy Diet Dr. Pepper, I usually ask him what he would prefer.  


Having said this, I think I have finally come up with the greatest gift ever.  In our relationship, I am in charge of Valentine's Day completely (why? that is a story for another day) and Big D does White Day (like I said, a story for another day).  I think I have a great gift for Valentine's Day that I know Big D will love.  The next problem: keeping it a SECRET!!!


This is when having an "open" marriage doesn't work so well.  We both have access to each other's email accounts, bank accounts, etc...  I am not sure how I am going to keep this top secret, but I must.  If I can pull this off, I will be the most amazing wife ever (at least in my world).  


So wish me luck, maybe I can whisper it to you over the phone someday soon.  But maybe not, because after Big D reads this he will probably bug my cell phone.


Love,
-Miss T

2 comments:

  1. A few things to note...
    1. You are the most amazing wife ever.
    2. Your phone has been bugged since we were married.
    3. I know what it is.
    4. You are the most amazing wife again!
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete